From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: Compression Implementation
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 13:05:15 GMT
Hi Johnny,

I have to keep Lucene.Net 1.9 .NET 1.1 compliant.  Since .NET 1.1 doesn't
have compression API, I couldn't implement this port -- thus, I left it out.

My idea on how to resolve this is to use reflection and through reflection,
one can integrate a 3rd party compression into Lucene.Net 1.9.  If you want
to take on this part, please do and submit your code.  Your effort will be
more then welcome and is a path to becoming a committer for Lucene.Net.

Regards,

-- George Aroush

-----Original Message-----
From: J C [mailto:roamingcode@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:51 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Compression Implementation

Hello George

I have found this:
// {{Aroush-1.9}} for .NET 1.1, we can use reflection and ZLib?
in FieldsWriter.cs. It seems that the ZIP compression is not yet
implemented.

I would like to give it a try. Please confirm.

Regards
Johnny

Be the one of the first to try the NEW Windows Live Mail.
http://ideas.live.com/programPage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-491
1fb2b2e6d