From "Eyal Post" <eyalp...@epocalipse.com>
Subject RE: Compression Implementation
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 09:38:42 GMT
I read the section you referenced, but I'm not sure what "compatible" means
when it comes to licensing.
to avoid those licensing issues, I would suggest not to try and incorporate
ziplib as is into lucene. Instead, let's declare an interface for zipping
and allow adapters to be written for different compression libraries. A good
candidate for the contrib section would be a adapter for ziplib. In Lucene
2.0 we'll simply use the compression support from the framework.
If that sounds ok, then I'll be happy to start working on the infrastructure
for this.

Eyal Post