From "Rob Tucker" <r...@i2.co.uk>
Subject RE: .NET 2.0 with Lucene.NET
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:47:22 GMT
That's a relief! :-)

I wasn't really looking for specific answers to my efficiency issues at
this point, TBH I think we have a good idea about how to start to
improve it in the future.  I'm sure I'll be getting back to you!

Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

Rob.

  _____

From: George Aroush [mailto:george@aroush.net]
Sent: 26 April 2006 14:42
To: Rob Tucker; lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: .NET 2.0 with Lucene.NET

Hi Rob,

Lucene.Net 1.4.3 is .NET 1.1 compliant.

Not knowing how you are updating the index, I can't help you to answer
your question why it's taking a long time to add and remove documents.
If you can provide some code sample, even pseudo-code, I or someone else
on this board may have some answers.

Others have ported their own copy of Lucene.Net to work under .NET 2.0.
Maybe they are reading this and will share their experience.  But,
Lucene.Net 2.0 will be .NET 2.0 compliant -- that's my plan.

As for information, only recently have I got the time to move Lucene.Net
to ASF.  I will be updating the incubation site for Lucene.Net to
provided timelines when I expect to do things.  At the main time, like I
said in the past, Lucene.Net needs volunteers -- I can't do it all on my
own in a timely fashion.  If you got cycles and can help, please let me
know.  This request goes to all Lucene.Net users.  In addition,
Lucene.Net needs committers.  To become one, read:
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html

Regards,

-- George Aroush

  _____