From Sandhya Sundaresan <sandhya.sundare...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Building the latest log4cxx from source
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2018 19:40:35 GMT
Hello again,
Didn't get any responses to my question below.  Any log4cxx developers or users out there
?  A few additional questions :
1.      Which version are you'll using ?
2.       Did you build your own version from the latest source repository and is it working
ok ?
3.       Is log4cxx 0.10.0 (from 2008) really the latest release ? I see references to 0.11.0
in many of the JIRAs but cannot find it in the Downloads page for  log4cxx.  https://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/download.html

We are using log4cxx in Apache Trafodion .
Thanks
Sandhya

From: Sandhya Sundaresan
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 3:40 PM
To: dev@logging.apache.org; log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Building the latest log4csxx from source

Hi,

 Has anyone built the latest version from the source tree and used it ? Yesterday while I
was looking for version 0.11 (maintenance version) to download and try , I couldn't find the
tar file and today  even the broken link is gone.  So I guess I have to build it myself from
source. We really need the  support for multiple processes to be able to log to one log file
working. We see incosistencies while using RollingFileAppender today and the logfiles and
backups don't happen until the logging processes stop .

So we'd like to try with a version that has the fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-412.

The latest source source seems to have this fix but  there is no version available for download.

In this JIRA it says we need to set this define LOG4CXX_MULTI_PROCESS

Which Makefile do I set it in  so it takes effect ?

Thank you in advance

Sandhya