From "Dalecki, Janusz" <jdale...@tycoint.com>
Subject RE: Exception when calling logger->info() method
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 03:40:51 GMT
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have compiled my app and built log4cxx using Visual Studio 2017 –
so they are coming from the same compiler.
Regards,
Janusz

From: Robert Middleton <osfan6313@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2018 1:27 PM
To: Log4CXX User <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Exception when calling logger->info() method

Two quick thoughts:

  1.  Have you ensure that the log4cxx dll and your application were compiled with the same
version of cl.exe?  MS likes to change ABI compatibility between versions and odd bugs like
this can come up when calling across the DLL boundary.
  2.  Is there a reason you aren't using the LOG4CXX_INFO macro?  You should be able to simply
use that macro to do what you are trying to do here but in an easier way.  Ex:
LOG4CXX_INFO( logger, "Initializing LCCService. ConfigPath=" << configFolderPath );
I don't know if the second point will do anything, but there could be an issue with your call
trying access a temporary variable on the stack.

-Robert Middleton

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Dalecki, Janusz <jdalecki@tycoint.com<mailto:jdalecki@tycoint.com>>