From Felix Endres <felix.end...@roboception.de>
Subject Re: Unix Timestamps
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:29:21 GMT
Hello Thorsten Schöning,

thank you for your quick answer.

On 12/01/2016 05:34 PM, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> Guten Tag Felix Endres,
> am Donnerstag, 1. Dezember 2016 um 16:37 schrieben Sie:
>
>> is it possible to print a unix timestamp, i.e. seconds since 1970 in the
>> PatternLayout (or any other layout)? Optimally I would like a fractional
>> pattern showing microseconds.
> Is your question about the format or timezone handling? A format
> including fractionals is possible and the default already when only
> using "%d", but I'm pretty sure it's not supporting microseconds:
It's actually not about timezone handling. With timestamp I meant
something like "1480614212.833892332", which is commonly used on unix,
at least the integer seconds part.

>> %d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS}
>> 2016-12-01 17:20:43,764
> Have a look at the classes datepatternconverter, strftimedateconverter
> and simpledateformat, which is used depending on your configuration
> and might support timezone related stuff. At least there some "Z"
> mentioned in simpledatformat, resulting in a calculation of timezone
> offsets in "RFC822TimeZoneToken".
I guess Robert Middleton's answer works for me. I may look into the
classes you mention for microseconds though.

Thanks,
Felix

--
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Roboception GmbH, Kaflerstr. 4, 81241 München
Registereintrag: Amtsgericht München HRB 217783