From Robert Middleton <osfan6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot figure out how to clean correctly
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 13:13:00 GMT
Eventually backwards compatibility has to be broken anyway.  If the Level
changes, then that would be a good time to switch over to
standard(std/boost) smart pointers as well, which may break other code that
depends on Object.  For the most part I don't think this will have a large
impact on library-using code, as at least in my case I only use the
LOG4CXX_level macros.

Perhaps it would be best to do a release of what currently exists before
the backwards compatibility is broken?

-Robert Middleton