From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: Cannot figure out how to clean correctly
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 09:50:22 GMT
Guten Tag Peter Westman,
am Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2016 um 11:11 schrieben Sie:

> My suggestion is to have getInfo return a const Level& instead of a
> LevelPtr.

But that would change the interface and "everyone" would need to change
things. On the other side, "const Level*" would at least be compatible
with the current invocation of LevelPtr on the caller side, but would
fail assignments and such as well.

So, break back compatibility and if so, with which form?

I don't use Levels in my codebase, so I'm fine with such a break. ;-)
Additionally I would prefer "const Level&" as well.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88