From "Alex Huang (Gorilla)" <alexhu...@gorilla-technology.com>
Subject RE: Compiling on Windows
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 06:03:14 GMT
I have been using log4cxx 0.10.0 on Windows for a while now, and although the INSTALL file
says to use Ant when compiling with MSVC, my build was done using the “configure.bat”
method documented in site/building/vstudio.html.  My notes show a few differences from the
documentation so I’ll include them here:

The directory structure looks like
    import
        apr
        apr-util
        log4cxx
Each directory includes the download archive for the utility with the same name.
The notes assume starting in import/log4cxx.
1. install sed.  My version is sed-4.2-1-setup.exe.
2. cd ../apr
3. decompress apr-1.3.2.tar.bz2
4. move apr-1.3.2 to ../log4cxx/apr
5. cd ../apr-util
6. decompress apr-util-1.3.2.tar.bz2
7. move apr-util-1.3.2 to ../log4cxx/apr-util
8. cd ../log4cxx
9. decompress log4cxx-0.10.0.tar.gz
10. cd apache-log4cxx-0.10.0
11. type configure.bat | find "" /V > configure_dos.bat
12. configure_dos.bat
13. type configure-aprutil.bat | find "" /V > configure-aprutil_dos.bat
14. configure-aprutil_dos.bat
15. open projects/log4cxx.sln solution.  When asked to convert the solution to VC++<version>,
click Yes to All.
16. Right click on Solution log4cxx and select Build solution.
If I remember correctly, there are some compile-time errors that have to be corrected due
to recent versions of MSVC becoming more strict with includes.  My build was made with MSVC++2012.

Best regards,
Alex Huang