From "Hearne, S (Sean)" <Sean.Hea...@rabobank.com>
Subject RE: LOG4CXX Common DLL Logging
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 12:15:26 GMT
Thanks. This is working for me now.

One further question, if I have a MyProg3.exe which does not have any reference to Log4cxx
but does use the same dll as MyProg1 & 2.

If I check logger->isDebugEnabled() in the dll when called by MyProg3.exe - its showing
as true when I didn't configure anything it in the exe. Am I using this function incorrectly?
(in the dll I want to use LOG4XX if configured but do something else if not)

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorsten Schöning [mailto:tschoening@am-soft.de]
Sent: 12 January 2015 15:40
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: LOG4CXX Common DLL Logging

Guten Tag Hearne, S (Sean),
am Montag, 12. Januar 2015 um 15:59 schrieben Sie:

> I'll use a separate one for each exe.

You don't necessarily need to, because you can still have all your appenders in the same file
and some are used during runtime, some not.
But from my point of view it's a good approach to distinct on application level and I would
even suggest to follow MS naming schemes like MyProg1.exe.log4cxx.xml, MyProg2.exe.log4cxx.xml
and such.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer:
Andreas Muchow

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject
to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you
have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss
or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability
for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of
the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently
confirmed in writing.