From "Hearne, S (Sean)" <Sean.Hea...@rabobank.com>
Subject RE: LOG4CXX Common DLL Logging
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:59:21 GMT
Okay, I was coming at the issue from the wrong angle - I had only one config file for all programs.

I'll use a separate one for each exe.

Thanks very much for your help!

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorsten Schöning [mailto:tschoening@am-soft.de]
Sent: 12 January 2015 14:35
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: LOG4CXX Common DLL Logging

Guten Tag Hearne, S (Sean),
am Montag, 12. Januar 2015 um 14:45 schrieben Sie:

> but as either MyProg1 or MyProg2 can call the dll, how do I get the logger in the dll?

You don't, in the DLL you normally would work with "CommonDll" or such as logger and in your
log4cxx configuration for each application you just configure the logger "CommonDll" to use
the same appender and such as MyProg1, MyProg2 and so on. This way you can handle the log
statements from the DLL in each application as you like, without the need to know in which
application your DLL is used why.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer:
Andreas Muchow

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject
to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you
have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss
or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability
for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of
the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently
confirmed in writing.