From "Hearne, S (Sean)" <Sean.Hea...@rabobank.com>
Subject RE: LOG4CXX Common DLL Logging
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:45:58 GMT
Hi,

In my exe, I use the following to get the logger:

log4cxx::LoggerPtr Config::logger(log4cxx::Logger::getLogger("MyProg1"));

but as either MyProg1 or MyProg2 can call the dll, how do I get the logger in the dll?

log4cxx::LoggerPtr Config::logger(log4cxx::Logger::getLogger("?????"));

Regards,

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorsten Schöning [mailto:tschoening@am-soft.de]
Sent: 12 January 2015 13:41
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: LOG4CXX Common DLL Logging

Guten Tag Hearne, S (Sean),
am Montag, 12. Januar 2015 um 13:55 schrieben Sie:

> Is it possible to have the logging from common.dll included in the log
> file of the executable that calls it?

What's exactly the issue you have now, does it not work or didn't you just try it or whatever?
Because from my understanding everything depends on the actual log configuration in use, which
loggers are used in the applications/DLL etc. Log4cxx should be usable as a DLL in general,
but if your common.dll e.g. uses some hard coded log configuration with loggers you don't
know and such, that's the real problem which would have less to do with log4cxx itself.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer:
Andreas Muchow

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject
to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you
have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss
or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability
for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of
the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently
confirmed in writing.