From "RUOFF, LARS (LARS)" <lars.ru...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject RE: LOG4CXX Common DLL Logging
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:36:32 GMT
Hi,

I'm not a log4cxx expert at all, but this should work by default.
AFAIK, the code in a DLL is always executed in the process space of the calling process. I.e.
two different executables, even though they are using same code from a same DLL will always
have their code executed in a completely separate and isolated process environment.
This is not something the log4cxx code has to care about, instead the mechanism is provided
by the OS, out-of-the-box.
So for a given log4cxx logger (instantiated in the DLL code), there are actually different
logger objects living in the different process environments and will be logging to whatever
appender has been specified in their respective environment (by the executable code).

Hope this answers your question.
Regards,
Lars Ruoff

From: Hearne, S (Sean) [mailto:Sean.Hearne@rabobank.com]
Sent: lundi 12 janvier 2015 13:56
To: 'log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org'
Subject: LOG4CXX Common DLL Logging

This is a simplified descriptions of an issue I have with log4cxx logging:
common.dll is used by two executables: prog1.exe and prog2.exe
The executables have separate log files prog1.log and prog2.log
Is it possible to have the logging from common.dll included in the log file of the executable
that calls it?

Sean

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject
to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you
have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified
that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss
or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability
for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of
the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently
confirmed in writing.