From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: LOG4CXX Common DLL Logging
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:35:07 GMT
Guten Tag Hearne, S (Sean),
am Montag, 12. Januar 2015 um 14:45 schrieben Sie:

> but as either MyProg1 or MyProg2 can call the dll, how do I get the logger in the dll?

You don't, in the DLL you normally would work with "CommonDll" or such
as logger and in your log4cxx configuration for each application you
just configure the logger "CommonDll" to use the same appender and
such as MyProg1, MyProg2 and so on. This way you can handle the log
statements from the DLL in each application as you like, without the
need to know in which application your DLL is used why.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88