From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: Using VC6 on XP to build log4cxx from latest trunk
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2014 20:49:06 GMT
Guten Tag ToddA,
am Sonntag, 7. September 2014 um 20:14 schrieben Sie:

> 1) Multiple errors when building apr_dbd_odbc.c. Of course, odbc is one of
> the appenders I do want to use with log4cxx. :(

You need to provide all of the errors, ODBC should be activated by
default. There might be some problem with your old VC6, I guess only
few people are using it anymore. The build generates or edits some
header files as well, have a look around apu.h*. For some compilers,
like Borland C++ Builder, I had to change the build to include
stdint.h for example, maybe your are missing some headers as well.

> 2) Identical error when compiling xmlparse.c and apr_xml.c:
>        [cc] C:\Documents and Settings\taa\Desktop\project92\apr-
> util\xml\expat\lib\expat.h(83) : note C6311: unknown(0) : see previous
> definition of 'XMLPARSEAPI'

No idea currently, only found the following which suggests you are
defining the same macro differently for some reason.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2676822/how-do-i-inhibit-note-c6311-in-microsoft-c-compiler

> [ERROR] C:\Documents and
> Settings\taa\Desktop\project92\apache-log4cxx-from-
> svn.140907\src\ant\apr-util-build.xml:284: cl failed with return code 2

Error code 2 normally means a missing file somewhere, you may use
Process Monitor from Sysinternals to follow the build process and see
which file is missing or try "mvn -X ..." which generates a lot of
debug output.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--