From Nandan S <nandan.shantha...@hp.com>
Subject Re: Clearing All Loggers from the Logger Repository.
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 05:02:05 GMT
Hi Alex,
    Our software is based on software component architecture and each
component will have it's own logger along with default root logger. If the
logger with component name exists, it uses the component logger for logging
and if it does not exist, then the component will use root logger.

    When my software is running, i delete one of the logger's. Software
reloads the configuration file periodically.  After the component logger is
deleted, the component should use default root logger. But the repository
will return the deleted logger also which is incorrect which causes software
to behave incorrectly.

   In any case, if the configuration file is reloaded, why should the
repository contain the deleted loggers ?. I feel this is somewhat incorrect.

    I hope the use case is clear now.

Regards,
Nandan