From security veteran <security.vete...@gmail.com>
Subject SyslogAppender not working
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:09:52 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use log4cxx to log messages to a remote syslog server.
To begin with, I tried to log the message to the local syslog server for a
simple testing.

I made the following configuration in my log4cxx configuration, but nothing
had been logged to /var/log/message.

I tried DAEMON, SYSLOG, LOCAL1, LOCAL7 for the
log4j.appender.Syslog.Facility but none of them was working.

Did I miss something?

Thank you very much.

####################
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, Console, Syslog

log4j.appender.Console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.Console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.Console.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%d] [%t](%F:%L)- %m%n

log4j.appender.Syslog=org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender
log4j.appender.Syslog.syslogHost=localhost
log4j.appender.Syslog.Facility=DAEMON
log4j.appender.Syslog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.Syslog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss:SSS}
%p [%c] %m%n