Hi all,

I have those memory leaks too, and after a lot of researches I found a pretty solution.

The real problem is the following. When the process unloads MFC, it checks the memory. But in our case, log4cxx is unloaded after MFC. So every static object of log4cxx is flagged as memory leak.
I found the way to force the linker to unload log4cxx before MFC.

First, you have to activate a property of your exe project: "Configuration Properties/Linker/General/Show Progress" set to "/VERBOSE:LIB"
When you link your software you can see which MFC lib you use. In my case:
2>    Searching log4cxxd.lib:
2>    Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\atlmfc\lib\mfc80d.lib:
2>    Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\atlmfc\lib\mfcs80d.lib:
2>    Searching C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib\msvcrtd.lib:

MSVCRTD.lib is not part of MFC but must be loaded after MFC so we must be careful about this.
Note that log4cxxd.lib is linked before MFC and so is loaded before and unloaded after.

Now we can change this order. In the property of the software "Configuration Properties/Linker/Input"
In the field "Ignore Specific Library", add this: "log4cxxd.lib;mfc80d.lib;mfcs80d.lib;msvcrtd.lib" replacing MCF libs with libs you listed above.
Then add those libs in the field "Additional Dependencies" in the good order. In my case: "mfc80d.lib mfcs80d.lib msvcrtd.lib log4cxxd.lib"

If you link again you can see that log4cxxd.lib is linked after MFC and normally you have no more memory leak.

I hope it helps you.