From "Jacob L. Anawalt" <janaw...@geckosoftware.com>
Subject Re: exception std::out_of_range in StringHelper::startsWith
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 21:30:05 GMT
On 10/12/2010 10:24 AM, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> I get an out_of_range exception everytime I use a logger which name is
> longer than the name of the root logger

I'm not sure what this named root logger you're referring too. In xml
config it's just <root> and in property format it's log4j.rootLogger.

I have logging hierarchies where the child logger's name is longer
than the parent's in a java like way only I sometimes use
abbreviations of my classes and sometimes use names/levels for
non-class things. Eg, for a postgresql accessing class:

PQ
PQ.Worker
PQ.TX
PQ.TX.Lookup

I've been building with the GCC on Debian for a few years now without
any out_of_range errors to do with log4cxx loggers.

--
Jacob Anawalt
Gecko Software, Inc.