From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: rollingfileappender.h
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 05:07:33 GMT
log4cxx attempts to reproduce the appender set from log4j and log4j has two different RollingFileAppender
classes, org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender and org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender.
 The latter was developed on the abandoned log4j 1.3 development branch, is now included in
the extras companion to log4j and supports pluggable rollover strategies and triggering strategies.

In log4cxx, log4cxx::RollingFileAppender (the analog to org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender)
is implemented by delegation to log4cxx::rolling::RollingFileAppender (the analog to org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender).
 log4cxx::rolling::RollingFileAppender is the more general class and should be used unless
you are porting configurations that used org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.

On Sep 15, 2010, at 4:25 AM, Fabian Jacquet wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to configure a RollingFileAppender in the code of the program.
> But I see 2 definitions of RollingFileAppender (log4cxx::RollingFileAppender and log4cxx::rolling::RollingFileAppender)
>
> I don't know which definition to use. Do you know why we have 2 different definitions?
And which to use?