From Zhou Tao <zhoutao...@gmail.com>
Subject How to clean up the log4cxx objects to avoid the memory leak?
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 03:11:45 GMT
Experts,

I am using the log4cxx-0.10.0. And at the begining of the application, I
create the log4cxx instances including Logger, FileAppender, PatternLayout
etc. Sometime within the application, I need to destroy the instances.
For example,
To create the below objects at the begining,

_layout = new log4cxx::PatternLayout(format);
_fileAppender = new log4cxx::RollingFileAppender();

Then somewhere to remove the above objects like the below,

delete _fileAppender;
delete _layout;

However when deleting the objects, always core dump on windows. On unix,
when the application exit, also get a core dump.
Then how to clean up the log4cxx instances or a sequence is required when
deleting the objects? or some example code?

Any suggestion are highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom