From david.we...@l-3com.com
Subject Custom Appender
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 17:22:42 GMT
Hello all,

I was just doing some googling, trying to find information on a custom
appender.  We basically want to have a portion of our software called
with the log data, whenever a log message destined for a particular
logger is called.

I found some information about people asking questions about creating a
custom logger, but I couldnt' find a short, concise howto.  Just
wondering if one existed, or if I should jsut start digging into some
code.

Ultimately, I guess I need to give a pointer to the appender to the log
subsystem *somehow*, so that my custom code is called.  I guess if
someone could just point me in the right direction, I would appreciate
it.

Thanks

--dw