From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching LoggerPtr using local statics (the singleton pattern)
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 13:20:27 GMT
Try using the one parameter constructor for LoggerPtr, instead of the
default constructor and then an assignment:

>   static LoggerPtr
> singleton(log4cxx::LogManager::getLogger("some.logger"));

There is a slight difference in order of events between the two.
Using the default constructor, it is

1. Construct singleton
2. Call LogManager::getLogger()
     2a. initialize APR, etc
3. Assign logger to singleton

With the one parameter it is

1 Call LogManager::getLogger()
    1a initialize APR
3. Construct singleton

Since destruction events occur in reverse order, using the one-
parameter constructor results in APR being destroyed last.