From Duncan Adams <DAd...@omigsa.com>
Subject A completely novice question
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 15:01:35 GMT
Hi All

I am a complete novice to C/C++ and after searching for about a week I can't seem to figure
out what I'm doing wrong. I would really appreciate if someone could please point me in a
direction that would help me getting log4cxx working. I wish to write a number of programs
just for myself to mess around with. I am one of those people that like to have logs for everything,
so I would really like to have this working.

I have a file log3.cpp

#include <log4cxx/logger.h>
static log4cxx::LoggerPtr logger("loggername");

void MyClass() {
     LOG4CXX_INFO(logger, "Hello, World");
}

I compliy with
g++ log3.cpp -o log3

and get the following error.
log3.cpp:2: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’
log3.cpp:2: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<T>::ObjectPtrT(const
int&) [with T = log4cxx::Logger]’

My environment
  uname -a
  Linux stormwind 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

dpkg -l | grep -i log4c
ii  liblog4cxx10                                  0.10.0-1
 A logging library for C++
ii  liblog4cxx10-dev                              0.10.0-1
 A logging library for C++ (development files
ii  liblog4cxx10-doc                              0.10.0-1

Thanks
Duncan
Old Mutual Investment Group (South Africa) (Pty) Limited is a licensed Financial Services
Provider.
This communication is subject to specific restrictions and disclaimers.
Details are contained at the following link:
http://www.omigsa.com/disclaimer