From Rodolfo Gonzalez <rgonzale...@yahoo.com>
Subject Addning new fields to the logs.
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:00:48 GMT

Hi all,
We've been using the log4cxx library for a while in our applications. Then we had this new
requirement to add some new unsupported fields in the log.
After some research we were unable to find any documentation on the subject so we had to look
at the code and try to come up with a solution. We impose
yet another requirement on ourselves that is; not to change the library code and make the
code as
generic as possible.

Then we decided to publish the solution in the hope somebody might find it useful. It can
be found here:

http://rodolfotech.blogspot.com/2009/03/adding-new-fields-to-log4cxx-logger.html

I don't know if this is the best way to do it works for us. Any alternative approach will
be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

RODOLFO