From "Wei, Zhiping" <zhiping....@philips.com>
Subject How to set threshod option for a appender in the configuration file?
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:42:13 GMT
Hi,

The API document for AppenderSkeleton class has the following comment about the setThreshod()
method:

"In configuration files this option is specified by setting the value of the Threshold option
to a level string, such as "DEBUG", "INFO" and so on."

I tried to add the following to the configuration file but it doesn't work. (no parsing error).
I can still log trace message through this appender. Does anybody know what is the correct
way to configure threshod for the appender?
    <appender name="Console" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" threshold="info">
        <layout class="org.apache.log4j.TTCCLayout">
            <param name="DateFormat" value="yyyyMMdd HH:mm:ss,SSS" />
        </layout>
    </appender>

BTW, I can use the same way to set the threshod at configuration level and it works as expected
(the root appender will be disabled for debug and trace)

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j='http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/' threshold='info'>
.

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under
applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction
of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.