From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Visual C++ Assertion failed when using LOG4CXX_DECODE_CHAR macro in statically linked MFC project
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:55:27 GMT

On Nov 27, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Dale King wrote:

> Don't just attach your existing problem files. Create a Short Self-
> Contained Compilable Example. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sscce.html
> .
>
> Usually the process of creating a SSCCE, will help you discover the
> problem yourself.

Sorry that I've been out of the loop on this.  The LOG4CXX_DECODE_CHAR
and similar macros were written for internal use in log4cxx, doesn't
mean that they shouldn't be usable outside of log4cxx, but the log4cxx
API should make their use outside of log4cxx rare or unnecessary.
They weren't designed as a general character set conversion utility,
if you want one of those look at ICU4C or use the Win32 API.