From "Jacob L. Anawalt" <janaw...@geckosoftware.com>
Subject Re: Hi, unable to use Log4Cxx
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:49:15 GMT
On 2008-11-21 23:49, Sylvester wrote:
> Hi,
> This is the first time I am using Log4Cxx. I am using MingW and eclipse
> ganymede, and for the life of me haven't figured out how to use it. I
> have added the .h files to the project they show up in the "includes".
> Then I pasted the following from here
> <http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4cxx/FrequentlyAskedQuestions>:
>
> #include "log4cxx/logger.h"

Is this file in your source file's directory or include path? If not, are you
using an option to specify the path to the log4cxx include folder?

Is it a compile error, or a linking error? If it is a linking error, do you have
the log4cxx library option selected (In eclipse project properties, C/C++ Build,
Tool Settings, C++ linker)

I'm building on a very different setup. Debian, g++ from GCC 4.1, etc. The only
similarity is eclipse. My copy of the log4cxx headers is in my system default
path of /usr/include/log4cxx so I include with the angle brackets, #include
<log4cxx/logger.h> and it works without specifying an additional library
location. I make sure I'm using -llog4cxx so the linker knows where to find the
log4cxx objects.

I suggest trying to compile from the command line just to make sure it isn't
some setting lost in translation to Eclipse.

--
Jacob Anawalt
Gecko Software, Inc.