From brendan_crowley09 <brend_ir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Receiving SocketAppender/XMLSocketAppender logs at remotehost
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:06:23 GMT

Hi,

My version of log4cxx is 0.9.8 and my application and customer is tied to
this version.

I have logging setup that enables me to send logs to conole and a rolling
file. However I wish to send logs using the SocketAppender or
XMLSocketAppender. I don't mind which as long as I have some way of reading
logs off the network.

my log4j.xml is:  http://www.nabble.com/file/p20746368/log4j.xml log4j.xml

I've googled the web and saw articles about Chainsaw being able to retireve
and display logs. But i've tried it with no success for either
SocketAppender or XMLSocketAppender. Seems that this version of log4cxx has
a few lines commented out for XMLSocketAppender. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-164.

What about SocketAppender is the same true?

Or is it just not possible for this version of log4cxx?

Brendan