From Andrew.P.Cole...@jpmorgan.com
Subject Problem with RollingFileAppender only retaining 14 files.
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:08:52 GMT
Hi,

We have been using log4j in our Java applications for some time and they
seem to work fine. We have a single application written in C++ which is now
using log4cxx 0.10.0.

I have setup an appender as follows

  <appender name="file" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
    <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG"/>
    <param name="File"
value="e:/iqbonds_uat_egb362/logs/CurveBlender/CurveBlender.log" />
    <param name="Append" value="true" />
    <param name="MaxFileSize" value="10MB"/>
    <param name="MaxBackupIndex"    value="50"/>
      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p %c{1} - %m%n"/>
    </layout>
  </appender>

It seems to work fine except it is ignoring the MaxBackupIndex parameter
because once it gets to 13 files it deletes the oldest files. So I have
files like app.log, app.log.1 ..... app.log.13 but when it rolls it deletes
app.log.13.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

Generally, this communication is for informational purposes only
and it is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase
or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation
of any transaction. In the event you are receiving the offering
materials attached below related to your interest in hedge funds or
private equity, this communication may be intended as an offer or
solicitation for the purchase or sale of such fund(s).  All market
prices, data and other information are not warranted as to
completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice.
Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect
those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.
disclosures relating to UK legal entities.