From "Jacob L. Anawalt" <janaw...@geckosoftware.com>
Subject Re: Log4cpp's SyslogAppender problem
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 20:53:35 GMT
On 2008-10-01 12:00, Hoang, Minh-Long (Mission Systems) wrote:
> I'm having problem with log4cpp's SyslogAppender.

SyslogAppender "works for me" (tm) but I haven't tried 0.10.x

Steps for troubleshooting:

1) Use some other app to make sure your logging setup is correct. I suggest the
simple command line logger from the bsdutil / util-linux project:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/util-linux/

2) Use some facility that is working and being used by other apps on the system
before trying some custom LOCAL_X facility. Combining steps 1 and 2 you should
be very confident that you are watching the right file before moving on to step 3.

3) Write a simple log4cxx test app and try it. The attached one requires no
external config and works fine on my systems with log4cxx 0.9.7.

--
Jacob Anawalt
Gecko Software, Inc.