From Jathy <xuehai....@yahoo.com>
Subject Does TimeBasedRollingPolicy work with MaxBackupIndex?
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:01:42 GMT

I used TimeBasedRollingPolicy of RollingFileAppender to rollover log file
every minute. And at the same time I'd like to use MaxBackupIndex to set the
max number of backup files. But MaxBackupIndex does not work.
TimeBasedRollingPolicy cannot work with MaxBackupIndex or my configuration
file has some wrong? I attached my configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j='http://logging.apache.org/' debug="true">
  <appender name="ROLLING"
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
            <rollingPolicy
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">

            </rollingPolicy>

    </layout>

  </appender>
  <root>