From Jathy <xuehai....@yahoo.com>
Subject TimeBasedRollingPolicy does not work in RollingFileAppender
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:02:09 GMT

I used TimeBasedRollingPolicy to rollover log file every day but it did not
work. No files was generated. My configuration file is shown below,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j='http://logging.apache.org/' debug="true">
  <appender name="ROLLING"
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
            <rollingPolicy
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">

            </rollingPolicy>

    </layout>

  </appender>
  <root>
    <level value="info"/>
    <appender-ref ref="ROLLING"/>
  </root>
</log4j:configuration>

And in the code, I used the following codes to initialized the log4cxx:

string strXmlConfig = "logging.xml";
log4cxx::xml::DOMConfigurator::configure(strXmlConfig);
log4cxx::LoggerPtr pLogger = log4cxx::Logger::getRootLogger();

What's wrong about my configuration or codes? Thank you.