From "Dale King" <dalewk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to config log4cxx to delete the log files periodically
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:05:13 GMT
An example of what?

How to setup the rolling::RollingFileAppender? That's covered in its docs:

 <
http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/apidocs/classlog4cxx_1_1rolling_1_1_rolling_file_appender.html

How to subclass TimeBasedRollingPolicy? If you don't know how to create a
subclass, I'm not going to tutor you.

How to use your subclass in the configruation? It has to be registered so
that it can be used using Log4J style names. See the use of
IMPLEMENT_LOG4CXX_OBJECT throughout the code. That has the magic.

How to have a callback when rolling is done? If your subclass overrides
rollover that is what is called to do the rollover. So if you put your own
custom code here and call the superclass then you have notification when the
rollover is done.

How to delete the old log files? That is up to you. All I said was that it
is possible to execute whatever code you want when a rollover is done by
subclassing TimeBasedRollingPolicy.