From Alex Rosenbaum <Alex.Rosenb...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject TimeBased + SizeBased
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:54:19 GMT
I am trying to implement logging to rolling files. I want rollover to
occur when the size reaches certain limit. At the same time I'd like
file name to include date stamp, so the result looks like:

MyLog.2008-09-08.log
MyLog.2008-09-08.1.log
MyLog.2008-09-08.2.log
... etc.

I started with log4cxx::RollingFileAppender, but it doesn't seem to
support FileName patterns.
Next, I tried log4cxx::rolling::RollingFileAppender with
TimeBasedRollingPolicy. This option does not allow rollover to be
triggered by file size.
Next, I tried log4cxx::rolling::RollingFileAppender with
TimeBasedRollingPolicy and SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy, but it seemed to
create a conflict because TimeBasedRollingPolicy also sets Triggering
policy for the appender.

What is the solution I am looking for?

Alex Rozenbaum
Consultant

Thomson Reuters

Phone: 646-822-2821

alex.rosenbaum@thomsonreuters.com
thomsonreuters.com

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.