From "Adam Woods" <adam.wo...@rwwa.com.au>
Subject Accessing a LoggingEvent's properties using a PatternLayout
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 02:18:26 GMT

Hello List,

I am trying to make use of the LoggingEvent's properties map so that my
logs contain extra data specific to an event. This is implemented in
log4net, so I didn't think I would run into any problems.

However, on further investigation, the documentation and the code both
suggest that there is no way to actually access the LoggingEvent's
properties using the PatternLayout's syntax.

Are the LoggingEvent's properties intended for this kind of use, or am I
going about this the wrong way?

Cheers,
Adam Woods

Disclaimer:
1. The contents of this email and its attachments are confidential and privileged. Any unauthorised
use, or passing on, of the information to others who are not authorised is expressly prohibited.
If you receive this email in error, please advise us and then delete the email with any attachments.

2. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. The contents of
this email and its attachments may become scrambled, truncated or altered in transmission.
Please advise us of any anomalies.

3. Racing & Wagering WA's liability  is limited to resupplying the email and attached
files or the cost of having them resupplied.

4. The views represented in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Racing & Wagering WA unless this is clearly indicated.