From "Peter Steele" <pste...@maxiscale.com>
Subject RE: File system full causes log4cxx to crash
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 00:45:43 GMT
Okay, thanks, I'll give it a try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob L. Anawalt [mailto:janawalt@geckosoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 4:24 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: File system full causes log4cxx to crash

On 2008-09-22 17:03, Peter Steele wrote:
> We're using 0.9.7 in fact, under FreeBSD. Our case is bit more

> Maybe we need to catch this IOException in our wrapper functions?

The IOException was in the 0.10.x code. I didn't see any exception
around the writing to files in 0.9.7. As near as I could tell the
iostream library was handing the full filesytem error by not writing any
more but the rest of the program and logging kept working.

Perhaps it is something with the C wrappers. You could try my test
program with a small file based filesystem loop mounted at /mnt

--
Jacob Anawalt
Gecko Software, Inc.