From "Peter Steele" <pste...@maxiscale.com>
Subject RE: Building a debug version of log4cxx
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:30:08 GMT
It looks like I can do this with this

make CXXFLAGS="-g -O0"

By default the build uses -O2 and for gdb we need -O0. I think defining
this flag will do the trick.

From: Peter Steele [mailto:psteele@maxiscale.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 3:01 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Building a debug version of log4cxx

We've been getting some core dumps in our application that are appear to
be occurring in the middle of calls in the log4cxx library. We want to
build a debug version of log4cxx for our FreeBSD boxes so we can
properly analyze the core dumps with gdb. What's the trick in build a
debug version of log4cxx? Can both the debug and release versions be
installed on the same system?