From "Stefan.Borovac@t-online.de" <Stefan.Boro...@t-online.de>
Subject XMLSocketAppender: Reconnection fails
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:56:42 GMT
Hi All,

for some reason, a XMLSocketAppender does not reconnect to
Chainsaw, after some initial events have been sent and then
chainsaw was killed.

What I have figured out is that in the following code snippet
from SocketAppenderSkeleton.cpp

---------- schnipp ----------
void SocketAppenderSkeleton::fireConnector()
{
        synchronized sync(mutex);
        if (thread.isActive()) {
                thread.run(monitor, this);
        }
}

the method thread.isActive always returns false. It seems that
the methods returns true if there is some (apr) thread object
instantiated. But that does not happen.

The same behaviour is shown when the connection cannot be established
at the beginning of a session.

Is that a known bug/feature?? I'am using log4cxx 0.10.0.

Cheers
  Stefan