From "Jacob L. Anawalt" <janaw...@geckosoftware.com>
Subject Re: Is this a bug or user error?
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:18:37 GMT
On 2008-08-15 09:59, Peter Steele wrote:
> What's happening is when the rollover occurs at midnight, some processes
> still log to the original file, which has now been renamed, whereas

Interesting that some fail to roll over and close the old file handle.

> log to the same file, although I've heard that others do this. What's
> the solution?

I think it would be better to have individual processes write to a log server,
either a log4cxx capable one that can read a config file and filter or a "dumb"
one, and have a single log server write to the log file.

--
Jacob Anawalt
Gecko Software, Inc.