From "Chris D'Annunzio" <Chr...@verdiem.com>
Subject Upgrading from 0.9.7 to 0.10.0 - Pool Information
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 21:39:08 GMT
Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading from version 0.9.7 to 0.10.0 of the
log4cxx library. I've successfully built the library and I am now in the
process of integrating into our product.

Some of the methods that we were previously calling have a new required
log4cxx::helpers::Pool parameter. For example, we are calling the
activateOptions() method on an log4cxx::AppenderPtr.

>From what I can tell, this appears to be a memory pool interface that
log4cxx uses internally. What is the proper way to get this Pool object?
Am I supposed to create one myself during initialization? I can't seem
to find any mention of it in the documentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Chris D'Annunzio