From "Dale King" <dalewk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems building with MinGW
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:35:39 GMT
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Olivier Beaton
<olivier.beaton@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not to worry Dale,  there are already instructions for building with VC
> http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/building/vstudio.html

I was referring to the Wiki page with instructions for building on
Windows which have no instructions for Visual Studio:

http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4cxx/MSWindowsBuildInstructions

> and they work rather well, I used them just the other day (took about
> 5 minutes to build log4cxx).

I would say those instructions are a little overboard as I see no
reason to build APR when you can download the pre-built binaries and
link with them.

> The project I am involved in is built both on linux and on windows,
> using gcc g++ mingw on windows, and gcc g++ on linux.  Our IDE is
> eclipse CDT on both operating systems.  We only use cross-platform
> libraries, like boost, xercesc, and hoping to use log4cxx.
>
> So there are advantages to using a non-windows specific toolchain, the
> problem here was that apr was broken at the moment for the windows
> version of that toolchain (mingw).

So there is a reason for MinGW.

--
Dale King