From "Dale King" <dalewk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Urgent log4cxx: Large window sizes are not allowed.
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:47:31 GMT
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 7:32 AM, srkraju <ramaras@cmcltd.com> wrote:
> log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
> log4j.appender.A2.File=exampleA2.log
> log4j.appender.A2.Append=true
> log4j.appender.A2.MaxBackUpIndex=50
> log4j.appender.A2.MaxFileSize=100KB

>             While executing the program it's giving a message
>
>                         log4cxx: Large window sizes are not allowed.
>
>             What would the problem.

You have specified that 50 past backup files be kept (i.e. a window of
50 files). Think about what would have to happen when the log is
rolled over. The software would have to do 50 file renames. That's a
pretty expensive operation. Therefore log4cxx puts an artificial limit
on it. It only supports a maximum of 12 past log files. This can only
be changed by editing the software.

For Curt, I would suggest making the error message a bit more
explanatory. And perhaps have a way to change the limit without
recompiling.

--
Dale King