From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MAKE error : While compiling trivial.cpp:Urgent
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:48:35 GMT

On Jun 20, 2008, at 6:48 AM, srkraju wrote:

> Dear Curt,
> Thanks for your response.
> Do you mean: commenting all LOG4CXX_XXXX calls in trivial.cpp.
> And adding :: log4cxx::helpers::MessageBuffer oss; in trivial.cpp
>
> I did the above steps. But it is giving like
> trivial.cpp:30: error: `BasicConfigurator' has not been declared
> trivial.cpp:30: error: `configure' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> trivial.cpp:30: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once for
> each function it appears in.)
> trivial.cpp:33: error: `NDC' has not been declared
> trivial.cpp:33: error: `push' undeclared (first use this function)
> trivial.cpp:41: error: `NDC' has not been declared
> trivial.cpp:41: error: `pop' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> if I comment the above lines then it is giving same errors in other
> files.
> Shall I continue in the same way. If so, what happens if any
> LOG4CXX_XXXX
> call made in our programs. Awaiting your response.
>
> thanks& regards
> srkraju

I've set up a virtual machine running CentOS 4.0 x86 which comes with
gcc 3.4.3 and did not have any issues.  There have been no other
reports of similar catastrophic failures to compile.  It looks very
much like a local machine issue and would be difficult for anyone to
diagnose remotely.  It almost appears that your header files are empty
or that you've removed the include directives or using namespace
directives from the source file.