From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URGENT compilation error of sample program
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:20:17 GMT

On Jun 14, 2008, at 6:58 AM, srkraju wrote:

> Thanks Mr. Dale.
> I solved the link error problem by location the shared objects
> generated by
> Log4Cxx_0.10.0, Apr_1.2.2, Apr-Util_1.2.2 packages. [ Redhat
> Enterprise
> Linux AS5, g++ version 4.1.1]
>
> I am trying to run the sample programs (bar.h, bar.cpp, MyApp2 given
> in the
> link
> 		http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/index.html
> I am not getting the output exactly as expected.
>
> When I don't pass any argument it's giving
> 		[facts@localhost Examples_srk]$ ./MyApp2
>
> 			0 [0xb7faaa20] INFO MyAppSrk null - Entering
> application.
> 			0 [0xb7faaa20] DEBUG com.foo.bar null - Did it
> again!
> 			0 [0xb7faaa20] INFO MyAppSrk null - Exiting
> application.
>
> When I pass one argument it's giving
> 		[facts@localhost Examples_srk]$ ./MyApp2 TestFile
>
> 			log4cxx: Could not read configuration file
> [TestFile].
> 			log4cxx: No appender could be found for logger
> (MyAppSrk).
> 			log4cxx: Please initialize the log4cxx system
> properly
>
> I understand that the configuration file is not properly written.
> What is
> the format to write the configuration file? Can anybody give a
> template of
> configuration file? I also tried with the configuration file given
> in the
> above link. Still it is giving the same output.

Is there a file named TestFile in your current working directory?
log4cxx is reporting that you told it to read "TestFile" from the
current working directory and use it as its configuration and the file
could not be found.  There is an example of what the contents of the
configuration file could look like following the source of MyApp2.cpp
in the tutorial.  You should save that as TestFile and place that in
the current directory.