From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to build Apr-util - missing rules.mk
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:27:51 GMT

On Jun 25, 2008, at 2:53 PM, David Tran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not very familiar with APR and APR-utils. I ran configure,
> make, and make install on apr fine, but when I try to make/make
> install apr-utils, it can’t find the file build/rules.mk
> Specified in the generated Makefile. Can anyone tell me what I’m
> doing wrong or give a good pointer for a newbie? Thanks!

Try specifying the location of APR on the apr-util configure, like:

./configure --with-apr=PATH

If you did that and it still doesn't work, review the APR-util build
instructions for anything that you missed and then try asking on user@apr.apache.org
  and provide much more detail on the system.  user@apr.apache.org
will have experience on a wider range of platforms than log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org
  and is the right venue for apr-util build problems.