From "Jacob L. Anawalt" <janaw...@geckosoftware.com>
Subject Re: How to set a FileAppender to STDOUT?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:37:37 GMT
Peter Steele wrote:
> Our developers can set the log filename through an environment variable.
> I wanted to find an option that let them dump their logs to stdout,
> simply by using a "magic" filename, as you can do in log4j...

I see. While lots of development testing options come to my mind from having
them specify an alternate configuration file to using named pipes and the screen
program if you can only have one console, none of them include 'System.out'.

I hope you find something workable for your team.

--
Jacob Anawalt
Gecko Software, Inc.