From Ning Zhao <...@hacon.de>
Subject how would a wrapper for Log4cxx best look like
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:49:56 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to write a thin wrapper for log4cxx for my own application,
so that:

1. Instead of including log4xx-specific headers, I only need to include
a MyAppLogging.h in each cpp of my source code.
2. For performance's sake, I consider the "
if(logger->isXxxxxEnabled())" condition check should be used everywhere
in my logging code. I want to just say "MyAppLog_INFO(logger, "some
logging info")", and get "if (logger->isInfoEnabled())
LOG4CXX_INFO(logger, "some logging info...")" from my wrapper.
3. In my thin wrapper, all method calls would be simply directed to the
Log4cxx implementation.

I am now studying the source code of apache.commons.logging and want to
write a C++ clone with my own add-ons. I'm new to C++, and it seems that
the log4cxx implementation is a bit different from the log4j way. Above
all, the smart pointers, templates....How would a thin bridge for
log4cxx best look like? Any tricky points caused by the smart pointers
and templates I should pay attention to? Any hint would be highly
appreciated! Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards,
Ellen N. Zhao
--

HaCon Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH
Lister Str. 15

Registry Court/Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 1712
Managing Directors/Geschäftsführer: Michael Frankenberg,
Dr.-Ing. Marian Gaidzik, Dr.-Ing. Werner Kretschmer,
Werner Sommerfeld, Dr.-Ing. Volker Sustrate, Peter Talke