From Ning Zhao <...@hacon.de>
Subject how to make the system generate the output log file suffix?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:43:37 GMT
Hi all!

in my log4cxx.properties file, I'd like to write the output log file
name in this way:

log4j.appender.R.File=%h/myApp%g.log

where %h means my home directory and  %g  means the generated  file name
suffix. For example, myApp0.log, myApp1.log, myApp2.log, ....

( Please see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/logging/FileHandler.html )

I tried but it did not work. Is the feature I wanted available at all in
log4cxx? If not, any solution/work around? Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Ellen N. Zhao

--
HaCon Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH
Lister Str. 15

Registry Court/Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 1712
Managing Directors/Geschäftsführer: Michael Frankenberg,
Dr.-Ing. Marian Gaidzik, Dr.-Ing. Werner Kretschmer,
Werner Sommerfeld, Dr.-Ing. Volker Sustrate, Peter Talke