From "Olivier Beaton" <olivier.bea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems building with MinGW
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:19:11 GMT
Not to worry Dale,  there are already instructions for building with VC
http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/building/vstudio.html
and they work rather well, I used them just the other day (took about
5 minutes to build log4cxx).

The project I am involved in is built both on linux and on windows,
using gcc g++ mingw on windows, and gcc g++ on linux.  Our IDE is
eclipse CDT on both operating systems.  We only use cross-platform
libraries, like boost, xercesc, and hoping to use log4cxx.

So there are advantages to using a non-windows specific toolchain, the
problem here was that apr was broken at the moment for the windows
version of that toolchain (mingw).

Olivier Beaton